ORKAN disc harrows stand for high impact and maximum mixing performance.
Reduced soil cultivation requires a good mixing of the top soil-layer
Compared to a tine cultivator, the disc harrow creates an enormous mixing of the upper soil layer even after a single crossing. In tests it became clear again and again that the re-germination after crossing with disc harrows was lower than with tine cultivators. In turn, tine cultivators have the advantage that they are easier to move into the ground and keep their depth well even at high speeds. Decisive factors for the choice of disc harrows is the soil type, the kind of crop and the overall concept of management.
Disc harrows, however, are becoming increasingly important as they ensure an ideal blend and minimize the re-germination of weeds and grass weeds. The latter also depends on the reconsolidation tools. The less solidified, the faster the reclaimed roots dry off.
The advantages in the overview
- Large area Output due to high working speed
- Easy to pull through large, serrated hollow discs
- Compact design
- Strong 2 beams frame construction 100 x 100 mm
- Good moving-in behavior due to an optimum angle of the hollow discs
- Package folding (from 4 m) enables safe transport even with larger working widths
- The hollow disc bearings are permanently lubricated and maintenance-free
Regent’s compact disc harrow not only impresses with its power and quality of work, it is also extremely easy to move thanks to its large, serrated hollow discs.
All discs are individually sprung at Orkan. A large frame construction provides the necessary stability.
The Regent Orkan disc harrow is offered from 3.00 m in three-point linkage and 6.00 m as semi-mounted version. The models differ in the working width and in the choice of the trailing roller.
Technical Data of Disc Harrows
- Working width from 300 to 600 cm
- Straw harrow adjustable
- Transport width for models 4000 – 4500: 2,55 m
- Transport width for models 3000, 5000 – 6000: 3,0 m
- Overload protection: single springed disc elements protect against damage
- Hydraulic working depth adjustment as option: infinitely change of the working depth during work through check valve